Enjoy a breathtaking guided glacier walk onto the world famous Fox Glacier with New Zealand's most experienced glacier guiding company, Fox Glacier Guiding. We offer a full range of Fox Glacier tours and ice adventures to suit all fitness levels...
Fox Glacier is New Zealand's largest commercially guided glacier, situated in Glacier Country, on the West Coast of the South Island, only 23 km's south of Franz Josef.
Currently Fox Glacier is the most accessible West Coast Glacier offering the choice of trips onto the ice either by walking up on foot or by helicopter, these trips include:
- Half Day Guided Glacier Walks - a suitable family activity, All Day Guided walks for the more adventurous
- Thrilling helicopter flights to and from a more remote part of the glacier on Guided Heli-hikes
- Gentle, informative Valley Guided Walks to the dynamic glacier face
- Day Heli-Treks & Overnight Alpine Trekking high above Fox Glacier with superb views of NZ's highest peaks
- Ice climbing Adventures - expert instruction, small groups, Heli-ice climbing options
Our friendly and professional guides will take you on a glacier trip of a life time. Your guide will remain with you for the entire trip entertaining and educating you about the fascinating Fox Glacier, part of the Westland National Park, a World Heritage Area.
To assure your safety, our guides are trained through the internationally recognised New Zealand Mountain Guides Association. We pride ourselves in offering exceptional customer service, the highest level of safety management and the best value for money trips.
We also have two souvenir and gift shops in the glacier region: one at Fox Glacier and one at Franz Josef Glacier